True Built Home Standard Features
It is always best to become as familiar with our process as possible. Click here for important information.
I once went on a trip to Mexico, and the trip we took said, “standard transportation provided”. When we got there, it was a donkey! When a company says “these are our standards”, but either refuses, or will not tell you what the standards are, you will be surprised by what you end up with. For instance, below are a set of the links to companies that do the same program of building as True Built Home, and that’s where it stops. Because if you look at their “Standards” you wouldn’t know if you were driving a Land Cruiser or riding a donkey!
If you have come to our site hoping to find a cheap builder who hides the items that they install in their homes, you are mistaken. We offer the nicest finishes hands down against our competitors. That is why we are proud to list the items we install in our homes, while they hide what they do. Do you get the sense of that?
Highlighting this accomplishes a few things. It means that TBH is in your corner to force big builders to shave the cost of the items they install in their homes (often cheap and inferior) to increase their profits. BTW, at your expense. If you are content to give them your money, perhaps you should take a look at our standards, that are highly transparent. The other thing it accomplishes, they will change or just get mad, or both.
Beginning March 26th 2013 All homes greater than 1400 sq ft, and are not considered one of our “ADU or Casita” homes, will come STANDARD Electric Furnace Package and a 50 gallon .95 Energy Efficiency Hot Water Tank.
Exterior Materials and Specifications
Please look carefully as we have italicized areas that True Built Home (TBH) hands down gives you more than our competitors.
- Steel Reinforced 2’ Foundation Wall 5 Sack
- 6” x 12” Footings
- Whole house horizontal lap siding. This is a concrete siding from Hardie called Cemplank. Our standard siding is our competitions upgrade. (Brand is dependent on regional availability)
- Board and Batt Siding on Front Gables
- Fiberglass insulated 6-panel entry doors with glass. Our main brand are Codel Entry Systems. Others use metal, and while nice, the front door often dents during construction..True Built offers some upgrades – Barrington Craftsman (our upgrade price includes both side lights and door shelf. Not all homes can have this upgraded door because of structural design). Another upgrade is our Craftsman Style. Door shelf as optional, 1 side light panel.
- Man doors and any other exterior doors can be upgrade to fiberglass. (TBH chosen brand) We offer two different upgrades and they all can be painted at factory at an additional cost.
- All of home windows are boxed wrapped 4×4. We currently offer 2 additional trim packages as upgrades.
- Depending on your building area, TBH will select a brand vinyl windows of equal or greater quality. We prefer PlyGem, JELD-WEN, or Cascade Windows. Colors other than white offered at additional cost. Click here to view an additional window option that is within our budget.
- Please note: Screens are included, however these are to be installed by the client.
- 2”x 6” HF (Hemlock Fir) exterior stud walls At 16” on center. 2″x 4″ on garage walls except 2 story homes. We also offer a Doug Fir package as an upgrade. Please contact a True Built Home consultant for a price for your True Built Home
- 7/16” Structural Exterior Grade Panel Sheathing
- Owens Corning Wrap or comparable wraps
- 2”x 4” HF interior stud walls At 16” o.c. We also offer a Doug Fir package as an upgrade. Please contact a True Built Home consultant for a price for your True Built Home
- 23/32” OSB (Orientated Strand board) Edge Gold Floor Decking
- Engineered Wood I-Joists @ 19.2 O.C.
- Engineered roof trusses spaced 24” o.c. with a 4/12 pitch (we also offer 6/12 pitch at additional cost) This is a 30 year architectural roofing, with ridge vent. TBH chosen brands include Pabco, IKO or GAF, which has a lifetime warranty. Currently, if you prefer to have Owens Corning, we charge additional for this particular brand of product. Call for details.
- Gable ends overhang 12”, tail ends overhang 16” 2” x 4” Out-lookers at gable ends for strength
- 7/16” OSB roof sheathing nailed to Trusses
- White seamless aluminum with downspouts. In Eastern Washington and Idaho gutters are offered as an option in place of fully enclosed soffits.
- 4” garage floor slab 5 sack
- Two frost-free hose bibs
- Per code, a light at all exterior doors TBH brand is Dolan
- 2-Canned lights in porches (if called for in plan). Some of our competitors charge extra for these fixtures.
Interior Materials and Specifications
- Beginning March 26th, all homes larger than 1400 sq. ft, will now come with Electric Furnace package (This bonus will be a TBH chosen brand) If you prefer Natural Gas, please allow for an additional $1,750 – $2,000 minimum (depending on the size of your home) in your budget for gas piping and venting required for these units.
- Electrical rough in to code
- 200-amp service with main disconnect
- Two telephone outlets
- Two cat 5 outlets
- Two cable TV outlets
- Microwave outlet. Others charge as much as $175.00
- Decorator light fixture package 3 standard choices . Others charge as much as $1,000 for our standard.
- All exterior light fixtures receive a bronze finish as we have found satin finish simply does not weather well.
- Traditional Bronze Package (chandelier picture shown)-with every True Built Home Outside Front–Bathrooms
- Traditional Satin Package (chandelier picture shown)-included with every True Built Home Outside Front-Bathrooms
- Contemporary Bronze Package (chandelier picture shown)-included with every True Built Home. Outside Front–Bathrooms
- Contemporary Nickel Package (chandelier picture shown)-included with every True Built Home. Outside Front–Bathrooms
- Ceiling lights and outlets per code
- Smoke detectors per code
- GFI’s in kitchen, baths, garage, and two exterior outlets
- Recessed lights in kitchen and covered porch if part of plan (typically four to six lights are included)
- Garage to code
- Kitchen, utility, and bathroom fans venting to exterior. (TBH chosen brands)
- Attic space has vent blocks/bird blocks installed in eves at every truss space. No code required for caulk.
- Kitchen and bath cabinets brand: Aristokraft available in several finishes (the Coco Glaze is not included as part of our standard finish). Often other builders will charge you upwards of $1500-$2000 more per home package.
- Master bathroom-36” cabinets
- Guest baths 30’’
- Vanities Kitchen 36’’
- Tile back splash in kitchen and bathrooms. Others use wood, and offer an upgrade to tile.
- Hardwood self edge included
For a complete gallery of cabinets click here.
FLOOR COVERINGS AND HARD SURFACES
Flooring is such a crucial element to our homes. Currently we feel that Mohawk Portico is by far the best value and most durable line of products available. We do however allow you to choose other products from our vendors that we will need to bid ( a process that can take a few days) in the event you do not find something in the Portico line that suites your decorum, or family’s needs. We do not allow the use of non True Built Home vendors. In most cases, some credit will be given for upgrades made.
- Vinyl areas – Kitchen, Baths, and Utility (TBH Chosen Vendor)
- Carpet areas – Living Room, Family Room, Dining Room, Bedrooms, Halls and Entry (TBH Chosen Brand)
- 8 lb. carpet pad. Others offer 6lb standard and an upgrade to an 8lb pad. If they don’t mention the pad weight, its 6lb.
- Formica – All counters rich High Definition Formica with self-edge. ( Bull nose available, also known as rolled edges, available upon request as upgrade)
- Upgrades available. We are currently featuring Portico Mohawk as our feature flooring company. Learn more about EverStrand, which is our standard, and SmartStrand which some in a variety of choices.
Here are some really great information videos about Mohawk and our products.
EverStrand-True Built Home’s standard
More info on SmartStrand carpets here.
Remove red wine? SmartStrand does that too!
SmartStrand Silk-Offered as an upgrade. Prices will vary
- Upgrades available-one sink per bathroom. Double vanities available upon request
- Plumbing rough-in and finished
- Per plan: Moen, true ceramic inserts. We refuse to use plastic faucets and so should you.
- Currently, we offer Moen Eva, Moen Brantford and Moen Method in chrome finish. Oil rubbed bronze and satin offered as an upgrade.
- Kitchen Sink– 8” Deep stainless steel. Branches vary; most use Dayton-DSE_23322-4-8. You will pay up to $250 from our competitors as an upgrade.
- Kitchen Faucet-Standard Integra Chrome If you would like to upgrade, we have pre-selected Moen upgrades that fit our methods of building. Some include finishes in Chrome, Glacier (white) Oil Rub Bronze (ORB) Stainless Steel (SS) and Satin.
- Camerist, Kipton,Renzo, Banbury, Arbor. True Built Home only installs Moen exclusively and can and will refuse to install custom items. All products within Moen Kitchen Faucets selection must be pre-approved.
- Toilets TBH choice-Each location and branch varies. Most use Gerber 21-402
- Tub and Shower inserts are fiberglass smooth or tile simulation. Our branches and contractors vary, please check with your local branch if our showers are smooth, tile, one seat or two seat. We can be flexible, but cost can vary. Most branches use Maxx for 4ft is SST3648 and or the 5ft SST3660
- .95 Energy Efficiency Hot Water Tank
- All Pex Water Lines
- ABS plastic waste and vents
- Inside main water shut off
Some areas of the state of Washington require you to have a “water softener loop”. In the event you city, county, or state requires you must have an item to pass “their” mandated codes, we will have to charge you for the item. Some addition ones are radon detectors, whole house sprinkler systems that are integrated with the fire alarms and or whole house alarms.
- Insulation to code: R-49 ceiling (15 1/2 inches thick) R-21 exterior walls (5 1/2 inches thick) R-30/38 floor (12-15 1/2 inches thick)
- Voids around windows/doors filled with foam insulation
- All insulation are non-formaldehyde products.
- Non-insulated metal garage door. Optional upgrade to insulate, add glass or designs visit with your True Built Home Consultant
- Garage Electrical-Our standard garage wiring includes two outlets and a freezer outlet. Expect to pay as upgrade from others.
- Garage door opener included. It will be an upgrade from our competition as much as $450.
- Man door with exterior light standard on most models. Others charge for man door, up to $950.
- Trim 4 choices: 2 1/4 colonial style or solid flat solid wood stained to match cabinets, and or MDF 2 1/4 colonial style and flat. We offer you real wood, not photo finish. This upgrade is worth several hundreds of dollars.
- Doors: Hollow panel primed MDF doors in 2/4/5/6 panel. Pre-painted doors available at no additional charge in 5 whites if stained trim package is chosen. Colors outside our standard five are $50 per door to paint. This upgrade alone is worth a $2,-4500 or more dollars.
- ½” drywall and texture complete with orange peel finish
- PVA Primer (polyvinyl acetate also known as “white glue”) at interior walls
- Garage firewalls hung and taped to code
- There is a great new product out from CertainTeed that absorbs VOC in the air called AirRenew. Amazing, but a little more money. Please call for an estimate if you want this type of sheet-rock in your home.
- Mirrors per plan
- Schulte, powder coated steel with lifetime warranty; As per plans; All hanging shelves are Open slide
- Round Kwikset satin or bronze finish doorknobs
- Towel bars, shower rod, toilet paper holder TBH selection. For the most part, the bathroom hardware matches your plumbing finish.
All plans are completely customizable. Please be aware a redrawing fee applies. We have a brief questionnaire that helps you through the process if you have a plan and would like for us to bid it out. It is very, very difficult to provide an accurate estimate for you from something drawn, not to scale. Bidding a home is very time-consuming. Because it requires a certain amount of dedication, we do require if for serious inquires on plan changes, you first complete our questioner. Please contact us, and we will be happy to send it to you.
At True Built Home, we started with a simple philosophy: Don’t charge for things that the client will almost always order to begin with. Our competition advertises prices too good to be true for the simple reason, they are often too good to be true. You will likely have to add $20,000 to our competition’s standard home to be remotely close to our standard home. When pricing our competitors, you simply have to do the math to realize that you will have saved thousands of dollars for a much higher-quality home built to your specifications. That’s why True Built Home is A Great Way To A Great Home.
TBH reserves the right (because we have to) to change a product due to budget, availability or product change.
With offices in Tacoma, Tri-Cities and Spokane, True Built Home has been successfully helping families create their dream homes across the Pacific Northwest. As a home builder with years of experience, we have developed an easy, step-by-step process for you to find and create the home you’ve always wanted at an affordable and reasonable price. Our specialty is in pre-designed efficiently built homes as an alternative to either manufactured or modular homes. Our homes are built 100% on your site. Additionally, we have taken the time to equip our website with lots of helpful information and tools you can use to carefully plan and begin to understand the process of new home construction.
From time to time, product availability or as a result of products being discontinued, our company needs to substitute a choice with equal or greater value. We try our best to be as transparent as possible with our products and choices. This page on our website in no way is a legal document or a substitution for the contract that you may sign with us. Where code and need exist, need typically will be honored if code is not required. Additionally, some counties and cities may require additional things to meet their code and that may require more from True Built Home. In this case, the client will have to pay for these items in the event they are brought to our attention. A perfect example of this are fire sprinklers, “X” type Sheetrock, and radon alert systems. If you have CC&R’s that are not part of our standard features list, then you may have to add them as an upgrade. Where correspondence with a home consultant via phone or email or in person conflicts with True Built Home standard features, our standard feature list always takes precedent. Thank you.