Starting at: $137,900*
Price by Area:
- South Washington: $139,900
- Kitsap/Grays Harbor: $143,900
- North Washington: $150,900
- Island: $150,900
- East Washington: $139,900
- Coastal Washington: $147,900
- West Oregon: $137,900
- North Oregon: $141,900
- Coastal Oregon: $145,900
- Northwest Idaho: $137,900
Click Areas for Details
Home Plan Details
When you’re looking for an ADU with style, check out the Friday Harbor. One of the first things you’ll notice is the charming exterior and inviting covered entrance. At just over 1000 square feet, this cozy one-bedroom, one-bath home is perfect for a rental, mother-in-law unit, or a small vacation getaway. The efficient layout has the main living area downstairs with an open kitchen and family room. The bedroom is on the main floor, which could work well for older adults who don’t want to climb stairs. Close by is the laundry with room for a stackable washer and dryer, and a nearby linen closet.
On the second floor, residents can enjoy some private open space in the vaulted loft. Whether you want a separate office, extra sleeping area, or a hobby room, you’ll enjoy the loft that opens to the first floor below. The Friday Harbor home plan is an ideal choice when you want a stylish design in a one-bedroom, one-bath home.
What is an ADU?
An ADU / DADU (or accessory dwelling unit), can also be known as a backyard cottage, accessory apartment, carriage house, mother-in-law suite, or granny flat. Whatever term you use, this type of smaller home is usually an additional living space located on the same piece of property as an existing home. While it can also be a new home on an existing plot of land by itself, in order to be classified as an ADU, it must be self-sufficient – the living space must include areas for living, sleeping, eating, cooking, and sanitation.
Many counties and cities have their own “codes” as to what is truly an ADU. Since some municipalities might require that the ADU and existing home match, our in-house design team can modify any of our ADU home plans for you. You will want to verify all laws and codes yourself, but we have put together some ADU requirements for specific municipalities.
Benefits of an ADU
As families age, with baby boomers or aging parents, the need for adequate housing nearby, and at an affordable price, the ADU market will continue to grow. True Built Home offers many homes 1200 sq ft and below to satisfy a variety of clients. We can even customize the plan to better suit your needs.
Traditionally, an ADU was associated with housing family members or friends. In addition to making homes more affordable for generational families, the benefits of an ADU have expanded to include the following:
- Affordability for first time home buyers
- Older family members can live in close proximity to their children or caregivers for companionship and security
- Extra living space for extended or multi-generational families
- Additional income by renting out the ADU, or the primary home
- Ideal for smaller plots of land
- Vacation home or getaway cottage
Contact us today to find out if building an ADU is right for you!
Our standard features are included in our price
- Triple-pane windows
- Granite counter tops throughout home
- Soft-close Doors and Drawers in Kitchen
- Mohawk High-quality Luxury Vinyl Tile (LVT) in wet areas and main floor hallways
- Insulate and drywall entire garage (standard attached garages)
- Full House Foundation Included
- Architectural Roof Shingles with Ridge Vent – Lifetime Ltd Warranty
- Enclosed and Vented Soffits
- 5/12 Roof Pitch Standard (On Most Plans)
- Raised Heel (Energy) Trusses Click Here to Learn More
- Hardie Cemplank Cement Lap Siding on Whole House (Resistant to Termite Damage, Non-Combustible, Moisture-Resistant, and Durable)
- Hardie Simulated Cedar Shake on Front Gables
- Exterior Window Sills – Main Floor and Front of House
- Codel Front Door
- Garage Door Opener and Man Door Included on All Garages
- Moen Deep 8″ Stainless Steel Sink with Elegant Moen Pull-out Faucet
- High-Quality Low-flow Moen Faucets and Shower Heads With True Ceramic Inserts
- Aristokraft Cabinets in Birch (6 Stain Options) or Oak (5 Stain Options) – 36″ Base Cabinets With European Sunken Hinges
- 6″ Backsplash of Ceramic Subway Tile in Kitchen and Bath in Different Color Options
- Cutting-edge Durable Mohawk Flooring
- 8 lb Carpet Pad
- Interior “Front & Formal” Window Sill Package
- Vaulted Ceilings on All Single-Story Homes
- Single-Head Ductless Split-System On All Homes Under 1,500 sq. ft.
- In Washington State: High-Efficiency Furnace Package (Upgraded to 11 HSPF) On All Homes Over 1,500 sq ft.
- In Oregon and Idaho: High-Efficiency Furnace Package On All Homes Over 1,500 sq ft.
- In Washington State: NEEA-approved Tier 3 Hybrid Heat Pump/Water Heater On All Homes Over 1,500 sq ft.
- In Oregon and Idaho: Heat Pump (Hybrid) Electric Water Heater On All Homes Over 1,500 sq ft.
- And More!
A True Built Home comes with standard features that other on-your-lot builders nickel and dime you for. With offices in Tacoma, Spokane, Vancouver, Arlington, and Salem Oregon, True Built Home has been successfully helping families create their dream homes across the state of Washington, parts of Oregon, and NW Idaho. Building a True Built Home may be simpler, more affordable, and economically more sensible than you think.
Calculate Your Mortgage Payment
Please Note: *The starting price of the home does not include land, site prep/development, or optional upgrades. Pricing varies based on build location. True Built Home is an on your lot home builder. As such, there are parts of the home project not provided, and must be supplied by you, the customer. Please contact us to get the most accurate quote.